highs and its lows," a giggling Davis said of having her husband as

Achetez / Vendez du matériel informatique !
bellis555

highs and its lows,\" a giggling Davis said of having her husband as

Message par bellis555 »

WASHINGTON -- Heading toward the plate after the 500th homer of this career, Albert Pujols glanced ahead and saw a throng of Los Angeles Angels teammates waiting right there to greet him. Kentrell Brice Jersey . He was pleased by the outpouring of support. He also had a message. "I was pretty emotional running the bases and when I ... looked at all these guys coming out, it was hard," Pujols said. "But I just told them, Weve got a game to win." Not a problem, especially with Pujols hitting like the Pujols of old. Continuing a strong stretch, the Angels first baseman became the first major leaguer to hit his 499th and 500th homers in the same game, driving in five runs Tuesday night to help Los Angeles beat the Washington Nationals 7-2. "I knew this year, it was going to happen, whether it was tonight, tomorrow, two months from now," Pujols said. "So my goal was just to prepare myself every day to try to help this organization win." The three-time NL MVP connected twice off right-hander Taylor Jordan (0-3) -- a three-run homer in the first inning and two-run drive in the fifth. Hes the 26th player in big league history to reach the milestone. Pujols also hit his 400th homer at Nationals Park. "I admire the man. I admire his ability and the way he goes about playing the game, and I have for some time," said Washington manager Matt Williams, who also played against Pujols. "I just wish hed do it against somebody else." Pujols is the first player to collect his 499th and 500th homers in the same game, according to STATS. About three months past his 34th birthday, hes also the third-youngest to get to 500; Alex Rodriguez and Jimmie Foxx were 32. Making a recent surge, Pujols has eight homers in the past 13 games. He leads the Angels with 19 RBIs. "Thats the Albert Im used to seeing," Angels outfielder Mike Trout said. "Full, healthy, 100 per cent healthy." The 500th homer went to left-centre field at Nationals Park, on an 89 mph pitch with the count at 1-2. The ball was grabbed -- and later given to Pujols -- by a man who identified himself as Thomas Sherrill, a 29-year-old Air Force staff sergeant from Pomona, Calif. "That pitch was supposed to be low and away," Jordan said, "and I guess I tried too hard to get it there." Pujols clapped his hands together a few strides before trotting home, then pointed both index fingers to the sky. Fans gave Pujols a partial standing ovation, and he acknowledged it by tipping his red batting helmet as he approached the dugout. After heading down the steps, he came back out for a curtain call. "Thats something you tell your kids when you get older. I dont know the next guy whos going to hit 500," said Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs (2-0), who gave up two runs in seven innings. "Nobody knows how to react. You dont see it too much." Teammates said that Pujols told shortstop Erick Aybar before the game he was going to hit two homers. "Alberts Albert. If he tells you something, hes going to do it," Trout said. "Im not surprised he said that, because Ive seen it before. Hes told me, Im going deep tonight." Jordan allowed six runs and eight hits in five innings. Washington entered the game with a majors-worst 22 errors and third baseman Anthony Rendon added two more. After a couple of down-for-him years with the Angels following 11 transcendent seasons with the St. Louis Cardinals, Pujols appears ready to reclaim his spot among the games elite hitters. He homered Friday and Saturday at Detroit to lift his total to 498, and now hes reached the round number of 500 -- a total that remains hallowed despite losing lustre lately because so many players surpassed it. Of the 26 members of the 500-homer club, 11 reached the mark in the last 15 years, according to STATS. Gary Sheffield was the previous player to do it, hitting No. 500 in April 2009. "You dont see 500, obviously, every night," Pujols said. "Its been a great career." The Cardinals selected him in the 13th round of the 1999 draft, with the 402nd overall selection -- a steal if ever there was one. Pujols won a batting title in 2003, National League MVP awards in 2005, 2008 and 2009, and World Series titles with the Cardinals in 2006 and 2011. Pujols was the first player to hit 30 homers in each of his first 12 seasons and the second -- after Al Simmons in 1924-34 -- to reach 100 RBIs in each of his first 10. A nine-time All-Star, Pujols hit 455 homers with the Cardinals. After his decade-plus of excellence in St. Louis, Pujols signed a 10-year deal worth $240 million with the Angels following the 2011 season. Almost immediately, the 6-foot-3 slugger appeared to be slowing down. He hit .285 with 30 homers in 2012 -- impressive numbers for most players, but career lows at that point for Pujols. Things got even worse in 2013. Injuries limited Pujols to 99 games, and he was sidelined from July 26 on. He ended up hitting .258 with 17 homers and 64 RBIs. But not surprisingly, Pujols bat did not stay quiet for long. Sitting at a news conference with the balls he hit over the fence Tuesday resting near his left elbow, Pujols smiled as he said: "Now weve got to start on the next milestone, I guess." NOTES: Washington RHP Doug Fister threw 44 pitches in three innings at extended spring training in Florida on Tuesday. ... Angels manager Mike Scioscia on Pujols defence this season: "Hes played first base at the Gold Glove-caliber that you would expect. Well have to monitor it; if he needs a day to refresh, well give it to him." David Bakhtiari Jersey . TSNs Farhan Lalji reports the Edmonton Eskimos non-import DT has a workout scheduled with an NFL team next week and isnt expected to sign a deal with any team until then. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix Jersey . A fully booked flight forced me to leave two hours later. After a nice meal in which I studied the stats of the Argo win, I prepared to leave the restaurant. As I was gathering my things to leave many large individuals began to walk up and wait for tables. http://www.shoptheofficialpackers.com/Elite-Brett-Favre-Packers-Jersey/ .75 million contract for the 2014 season and avoided arbitration. The team announced the agreement on Tuesday.LAS VEGAS -- Canadian Alexis Davis modestly describes her fighting skills as "a little of this, a little bit of that." "Doesnt matter where the fight ends up, Im pretty comfortable in all positions," she said. The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., who fights out of San Jose, looks to use all those tools Saturday against womens bantamweight (Rowdy) Ronda Rousey in the co-main event of UFC 175. Rousey (9-0) is the gold standard of womens MMA. An Olympic bronze medallist in judo, she has gone on to dominate the womens side of mixed martial arts in defending her 135-pound UFC title three times. As such, the bookmakers see Rousey as anywhere from a 9-1 to 17-1 favourite against Davis despite the fact both women are 3-0 in the UFC. Rousey tells a different story. "Shes the most well-rounded fighter Ive ever come up against," she said at a public workout Wednesday. "Ive always had someone whos predominantly a grappler or striker, who always had that weak area to bring them to. Alexis really doesnt have a weak area, so I just have to be better than her everywhere." Davis (16-5) has black belts in Brazilian and Japanese jiu-jitsu. And the scars around her eyes show she is not afraid to mix it up. While quiet by nature, Davis is savouring the buildup to the championship bout. "I feel like Im on a rush right now, kind of soaking everything, just enjoying myselff," she said. Mason Crosby Jersey. She will have plenty of support from north of the border, with some 20 family and friends expected to fly down to Vegas. "Its incredible," she said. "Im just happy to have them watching on TV. For them to come out, its awesome that they support me." Her husband Flavio Ralf Meier doubles as her Brazilian jiu-jitsu coach, so hes already here. The two rolled together at a public workout Wednesday, bowing to each other as the workout ended. "It has its highs and its lows," a giggling Davis said of having her husband as a coach. "But were really good at being able to kind of separate what were doing -- inside the gym and home life. Because you kind of have that balance. Home is like your little sanctuary where you dont have to focus on the fight, youre more worried about whats going on with the kids (three boys from her husbands previous relationship). Its just all about relaxing. "But when were inside the gym, if you havent seen it, Im choking him just as hard as Im choking everybody else." As for the lopsided fight odds against Rousey, Davis is unconcerned. "I can see why Im the underdog," she said. "Obviously not only is she the champion and shes been so successful but every single fight shes had has been a finish. "I dont mind being the underdog ... Less pressure, let her have it all." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
manu7577

Message par manu7577 »

Trop long à lire... En plus en anglais
biour

Message par biour »

:lol:
je tombe juste sur "just enjoying myselff"

:o
Répondre